Wednesday, March 6, 2013

This Should Have Been My First Post





An explanation about my blog:

I have loved baking as long as I can remember.  I think I got my start when I was very young as I helped my mom bake Christmas cookies every year.  Eventually, by about my 8th grade year, she let me take over. 

I have always enjoyed making things from scratch.  I have always longed to be a great baker, learn cake decorating, and master anything that goes along with making desserts.  

A few years ago I took a cake decorating class at a local craft store.  I won't go into details but it turned out to be a disaster.  It was then that I decided  I would just teach myself. 

I gave birth to my fourth child two years ago and am reaching the point where I have enough extra time to finally get my house clean  dive into learning all things sugar. 

Here begins my journey.  Care to join me? : )

8 comments:

  1. Have you checked out Craftsy? They have some free cake decorating classes as well as some inexpensive ones too! I can't decide which to do. I've been wanting to do something. Maybe I'll just follow you here instead :) I love the pink...so pretty!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kacky, thanks, I will definitely have to check that out! : )

      Delete
  2. Love it Stephanie! Pretty, pretty, a feast for the eyes! You are multi talented and I can't wait to see more of your pretty pink confections! May God bless your baking efforts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noreen, you are so kind. Thanks so much for your well wishes! : )

      Delete
  3. Happy blogging, Stephanie!! It all looks just wonderful! I can craft, but baking is not my best skill! (I do like cake decorating, it's like art!) I'm looking forward to all you share! Best wishes! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thanks so much!!! We'll see how it goes. : )

      Delete
  4. I love to bake! I can't wait to see more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erica. Something else we have in common! : )

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to comment. : )