Monday, May 6, 2013

The Rose Cake

First off, I only have one picture of this cake.  And, to make things worse, I took it with my cheap cell phone.  I finished this very late in the evening and dashed off to get it to my good friend's house as it was for her daughter's First Holy Communion early the next morning.  I forgot to take a picture with my camera, since I was in such a hurry but, since my computer had totally crashed weeks ago and I lost my camera software, I'm not sure I would have been able to get it on  the computer anyway (since I'm not even sure where the box with the software is right now so I can reinstall it).  So, to recap last week, my husband was out of town, my computer wasn't working, my cell phone was having issues, and, well, you get the idea.  Crazy week.  So here is the one picture I *did* get.  I took a picture with my cell phone because one of my sisters asked me to send her a pic when I was done.  And, also, I wanted to send a shot of the cake to my brother and sister-in-law because my niece is making her First Holy Communion in two weeks and I'm doing a very similar cake for her.

 
 
This is the ever-popular rose cake from i am baker  Honestly, this is the first cake I have made using this technique.  After watching some YouTube clips, I had made a small cake earlier in the week to practice on.  I removed the layers from the pans and placed them far back on the counter to cool.  Unfortunately, it wasn't far enough.  As I sat typing an email two rooms away from the kitchen, my 2yo approached eating a giant chunk of the cake.  So, essentially, the dog toddler ate my homework.  (And, apparently, the lazy susan lower cabinet is a nice step stool for a toddler.)  Add that to the list of things from my crazy week. 
 
I'll post better pictures next time I make the cake, which will actually be for another First Holy Communion this weekend.   See you soon!
 
 


8 comments:

  1. I was eating a slice of the cake as I opened this blog! Ha ha! It is SO good. Thanks again, it was the huge hit of the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously had C praying the whole time that I wouldn't completely screw it up! True story. : )

      Delete
  2. haha...your toddler knows good cake when he smells it! Your cake looks amazing! I'm sure your friend was quite impressed with the results. It almost looks too pretty to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noreen, he has definitely learned that the counter is where the treats are kept. My 14yo made chocolate chip cookies a week or so ago and the toddler helped himself to a second cookie while no one was looking. : )

      Delete
  3. Stephanie,

    That cake was not only gorgeous to look at, it was absolutely divine to eat. :o)

    It was lovely seeing you again!

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rachael! Have a super weekend. : )

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to comment. : )